Southland Industries prides itself on being a leader in the green building movement.
As a Design-Build firm, we've been providing cost-effective, energy-efficient solutions for mechanical systems for over 60 years.
We are committed to sustainability as both a service provider and a corporate organization.
Before the government and private industry began the shift toward energy awareness, Southland was already examining how our clients could apply energy management
techniques to their facilities. Then we leveraged our Design-Build approach to integrate energy efficiency and
U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) standards into
both new construction and retrofit/renovation projects.
Energy Management Services and Resources
Customized Energy Approaches
- Over 80 LEED-Accredited Personnel and Certified Energy Managers, with in-house LEED certification training for employees
- Energy modeling, building automation controls and energy analysis
- Commissioning, retro-commissioning and testing/balancing
- Utility rate analysis
- Evaluation of state and federal energy incentives and rebates
Southland can evaluate and design mechanical solutions for our clients' projects, taking into account owner goals return on investments (ROI)
in light of the owners' overall financial plans. We have extensive design experience in LEED-certified and LEED-registered projects.
Whether an owner is trying to reduce energy costs, achieve LEED or Energy Star compliance,
or perform energy usage upgrades that will qualify for tax incentives or rebates, Southland will identify the ideal energy solutions.
Click here to view Southlands LEED projects.
- Educate our clients on the nature and scope of LEED certification and how they'll benefit from it
- Work with project teams and partners to evaluate the LEED points, rebates and credits owners will receive in light of the dollars they'll spend
- Collaborate with all parties to make recommendations that will optimize LEED efforts for maximum ROI
Click here to view Southlands LEED Accredited Professionals.